A mentor is like an experienced friend who will teach us and guide us along. A mentor will build the trust and will model the positive behaviors. The best mentor will understand that the role will be knowledgeable, effective, dependable and engaging.
Anyone can be a mentor but they have to be successful in whichever field and will have to use their strength to their advantage. So yes it is true that if you have the right mentor then your career will surely go up.
How would you meet the right mentor? The answer is, through Evolvers. Read out to know how you can choose the best mentor for yourself.
Gather up all that you need while choosing the right mentor in the growth path.
Write down the questions you need to ask:
- Do I require help with my present part or with how to push forward to another part?
- Do I require bolster from my guide for a specific test or for my whole vocation?
- Improve abilities from my tutor or should my guide disclose to me what aptitudes I have to create?
The relationship of your mentor with you is also important.
- What is your mentor’s way to deal with helping you?
- What is the idea of your association with your mentor is it formal or casual?
- Is your mentor helping you with nothing or would you say you will pay him/her?
- How regularly might you want to communicate with your mentor?
Now you will have to find the mentor keeping all these questions in mind. You might have someone in mind, if not, and then this might help you.
- Join Evolvers and you’ll quickly be acquainted with more individuals with differed encounters.
- Contact senior administrators who have exceeded expectations at their employment.
- Are there renowned industry pioneers who motivate you?
There is no point to lie on the lower side and not ask for any help from your mentor. There should be a need to build a strong relationship with your mentor and it is important that you and your mentor should share the same values and leadership style.
This is important because if you don’t match with your mentor quality-wise then you and your mentor will have conflicts. It takes time to build a relationship with your mentor, so it is advisable that one should not give up so easily.
Now that you have got a mentor, you should be clear about your expectations and the relationship you will have with them. Just like you give an interview, your initial interactions should be done in the same way.
They should be able to give you enough time and sufficient contribution and should expect the same from you. The mentor should know about the strengths and weaknesses of yours. Remember that you should not hold anything back as this relationship will make your career.
The mentor you chose would be the best and will guide you well but there might be a chance that you might need more than one mentor. All you have to do is try.